Bruce A. Hess | Husband, Father, Grandfather, Pastor, Speaker, Author.
Bruce has served as Senior Pastor and as Teaching Pastor at Wildwood Community Church, in Norman, OK for 41 years. Bruce has also served for 25 years now (with Janet) on the national speaker team for the Weekend to Remember Marriage Getaways by FamilyLife.
Background / Fun Facts:
- Family: Bruce is married to Janet and they have four adult kids – Rebekah (Nick), Emily, Kyle (Brittany), and Jennifer (Zac) – plus six grandsons, Aiden, Landen, Lincoln, Noah, Hunter, Luke and two granddaughters, Kinsey and Summer.
- Education: Bruce has a BA in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Nebraska and a Master of Theology in New Testament and Greek from Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Hobbies: Bruce enjoys college sports, especially football and basketball, rooting most intently for his alma mater in football along with the OU Sooners. He also enjoys the Oklahoma City Thunder, and follows both the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.
- One thing about Bruce that others might not know: Bruce’s messages have been broadcast for 24 years (in the Latvian language) twice weekly on Latvian Christian Radio (found at http://lkr.lv) reaching some 120,000 listeners throughout the eastern European country of Latvia, along with thousands of Latvian internet listeners in the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, Russia, Canada, Australia, and the USA. His program is called Treasures for Everyday or Dārgumi katrai dienai in Latvian.
- What Bruce loves the most: Knowing the Living God, Jesus Christ, who loved him before he was born. Also, the amazing Word of God which restores, enlightens, makes wise, endures forever, and rejoices the heart (see Psalm 19:7-14).